Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U, Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu Fō Nintendō Surī Dī Esu / Wī Yū, lit. Great Melee Smash Brothers for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U) are two new video games announced for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS during E3 2013. They are both considered the fourth entry in the Smash Bros. series.
Little Mac appears as a playable character using his redesign from Punch-Out!! (Wii). He is shown to be a formidable opponent in the ground, but a poor choice for aerial combat. He also possesses a Power Meter similar to the one seen in both the original and SNES versions of the game that, when full, will replace his neutral special making it a one hit K.O.. His moveset consists mostly of jabs and punches, and his punches can be altered depending of how they are angled.
Special Moves (including custom special moves)
- Neutral Special Moves: Straight Lunge - A strong punch that can be charged for extra damage.
- Flaming Straight Lunge - A Straight Lunge that deals fire damage. Charges faster than a regular Straight Lunge but is weaker.
- Shocking Straight Lunge - A Straight Lunge that deals electric damage. A fully-charged Shocking Straight Lunge travels farther than normal and can briefly stun the target.
- Side Special Moves: Jolt Haymaker - Little Mac lunges forward into the air, both avoiding some attacks and closing in on opponents.
- Grounding Blow - Little Mac rises higher than with Jolt Haymaker but slams on the ground with a punch. If the downward punch hits a grounded opponent, the opponent will be buried or if it his a air opponent, the opponent will be spiked to the ground.
- Guard Breaker - Little Mac rises slower than with Jolt Haymaker and throws a downward punch and can break through enemy shields.
- Down Special Moves: Slip Counter - A counterattack. When used a red aura representing a heart, and when Mac is hit he will counter with an uppercut.
- Compact Counter - A quicker counterattack but Mac's counterattack range is shorter.
- Dash Counter - A counterattack in which Mac will dash forward when countering with an uppercut.
- Up Special Moves: Rising Uppercut - Mac will spin rapidly, and concludes with a skyward punch. According to Sakurai in the April 8th Smash Bros. Direct, "though it doesn't have a lot of jump power, it makes up for it with attack power".
- Tornado Uppercut - A higher Rising Uppercut that only hits once and has weak knockback but has better recovery than Rising Uppercut.
- Rising Smash - A Rising Uppercut that hits twice. The second hit is stronger.
- Giga Mac: When Mac grabs a smash ball he transforms into Giga Mac.
- Little Mac's official artwork is both a reference to the original Punch-Out!! Arcade, and Punch-Out!! (Wii) where he fought Donkey Kong.
- One of his trophies is his appearance in Captain Rainbow.
- HIs first alternate costume revealed for the game is Wireframe Mac, making him look like his original appearance in the original arcade Punch-Out!! and Super Punch-Out!!.
- Mac's second alternate costume is his pink training clothes.
- His third alternate costume is his World Circuit outfit from Punch-Out!! (Wii).
- He also has his own stage, resembling the World Circuit ring from the Wii game.
- Mac has the most palette swaps of any character in the game with 16; 8 for his normal costume, and 8 for his wireframe costume.
- Mac's 7th costume is reminiscent of his design from Super Punch Out!! for the SNES.