This article is a quality article.
|Rated at||210 lbs. (95 kg)|
|First appearance||Super Punch-Out!! (February 1994)|
|Rank||Special Circuit Champion|
Nintendo Power has made claims that Glass Joe's one victory was an incident with Nick Bruiser, however the truth of this claim is questionable as it's inconsistent with Nick's undefeated record of 42-0.
Super Punch-Out!! (1994)Edit
Nick Bruiser is the twin brother of Rick Bruiser. He is the Special Circuit champion and the main antagonist in the SNES Super Punch-Out!! game. Nick Bruiser has never lost a match which can be seen by his record in the screen before you fight him (42-0). He has fought his brother Rick Bruiser once before and came out victorious; that being Rick's only loss. Nick has the abilty to incapacitate both of Little Mac's hands for a short period of time. He also has a "Dashing Forearm" attack, consisting of 6 jabs to the face and 6 body blows, ending with an uppercut. If you are hit by even one of these punches you will sustain damage even if you successfully block. Nick seems to take boxing much more seriously than his twin brother and it shows in his no-nonsense fighting style. Unlike his brother, Nick does not cheat nearly as often, only hitting Little Mac with his elbow after an uppercut if he lasts long enough in the fight. He will also jump back before leaping forwards into the air for an instant-knockdown hay-maker, followed by two high hooks if you dodge it. If he wins by KO, he will slowly walk to the center of the mat, look straight, pound his chest and look down. If you run out of time, he will slowly walk away to his corner, as he laughs.
- "............" (first match)
- "Don't EVEN try..." (rematch)
- "I'm so ashamed. How could I suffer such total defeat???" (endgame)
- "Eargh!" (When hit with a KO Punch)
- "Ruagh..." (Upon knocked down)
- "Har!" (Time Up taunt)
- Although he is the last opponent in Super Punch-Out!! (SNES), some players have found that he can be easier than some of the previous opponents.
- He lost to Glass Joe once due to a, "freak accident," as stated in Nintendo Power.
- He is the only fighter in the special circuit that does not laugh when the player loses to him, unless the player loses to him by running out of time.
- Nick can be KO'd (not TKO'd) by countering every single one of his punches in the first round, which will dizzy him, then Super Punching him on his comeback, which will OHKD him. When he returns, throw a series of low Super Punches, and he'll go down for the ten-count (though he'll only go down on his knees). Using this method, Nick can be beaten in under ten seconds.
|Punch-Out!! (1984)||Glass Joe · Piston Hurricane · Bald Bull · Kid Quick · Pizza Pasta · Mr. Sandman|
|Super Punch-Out!! (1985)||Bear Hugger · Dragon Chan · Vodka Drunkenski · Great Tiger · Super Macho Man|
|Punch-Out!! (1987)||Little Mac · Doc Louis · Glass Joe · Von Kaiser · Piston Honda · Don Flamenco · King Hippo · Great Tiger · Bald Bull · Soda Popinski · Mr. Sandman · Super Macho Man · Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream|
|Super Punch-Out!! (1994)||Little Mac · Gabby Jay · Bear Hugger · Piston Hurricane · Bald Bull · Bob Charlie · Dragon Chan · Masked Muscle · Mr. Sandman · Aran Ryan · Heike Kagero · Mad Clown · Super Macho Man · Narcis Prince · Hoy Quarlow · Rick Bruiser · Nick Bruiser|
|Punch-Out!! (2009)||Little Mac · Doc Louis · Glass Joe · Von Kaiser · Disco Kid · King Hippo · Piston Hondo · Bear Hugger · Great Tiger · Don Flamenco · Aran Ryan · Soda Popinski · Bald Bull · Super Macho Man · Mr. Sandman · Donkey Kong|