|Rated at||390 lbs. (180 kg)|
|First appearance||Super Punch-Out!! (February 1994)|
|Rank||#1 World Circuit|
Mad Clown is a traveling circus clown who decided to take up boxing. He made his only appearance in the SNES version of Super Punch-Out!! as the third boxer in the World Circuit. According to the manual, Mad Clown was originally an Italian opera singer. After having a nervous breakdown, he abandoned his singing career to join the circus. The monotony of performing the same juggling routines night after night, combined with being forced to drive a car that was much too small, prompted him to take up boxing. He is a reference to Pagliaccio, the lead character in the opera Pagliacci by Ruggero Leoncavallo.
Super Punch-Out!! (1994)Edit
In the SNES version of Super Punch-Out!!, Mad Clown juggles and throws six juggling balls at his opponent (also cheating). Like Bear Hugger, his sprite edit counterpart, his stomach becomes invulnerable to body blows and uses hugging attacks. He has very high defense and power. His signature move is the "Clown Hook" where he does a fake uppercut, followed by a backhand hook. If you dodge in the wrong direction, you will be hit.
It definitely helps if the player can counter Mad Clown's attacks with a punch to the face. Most of his punches can be countered, allowing the player many opportunites to get in some strong hits.
Mad Clown also has a "Show Time!" move where after two knockdowns, he gets more aggressive and does three jabs along with a hook. However, he doesn't defend himself against the player's punches, allowing the player to easily defeat him.
- Right Jab: He does a right jab. Sometimes it's followed by a Left Hook when hit.
- Left Hook: He just does a left hook. Wrong time you dodge you get hit.
- Clown Hook: he does a fake uppercut, followed by a backhand hook. If you dodge in the wrong direction, you will be hit.
- "Show Time!": after two knockdowns, his cornerman says: "Show Time!". Mad Clown gets more aggressive and does three jabs along with a hook. However, he doesn't defend himself against the player's punches, allowing the player to easily defeat him.
- Left Jab: He does a Left Jab a bit faster then The Right Jab.
- Right Uppercut: He does a right uppercut (just like the opponents in the NES version.)
- Hugging Attack:He does a hug like bear hugger.
- Taunt: Taunts like bear hugger.
- Juggle: Mad Clown juggles and throws six juggling balls at his opponent.
- "Welcome! Now let's get this show on the road." (first match)
- "Huh? Don't you like my show?" (rematch)
- "Go home! The show is over." (endgame)
- "Show Time!" (his cornerman, after being knocked down twice, telling him to start a flurry of moves)
|Punch-Out!! (1984)||Glass Joe · Piston Hurricane · Bald Bull · Kid Quick · Pizza Pasta · Mr. Sandman|
|Super Punch-Out!! (1985)||Bear Hugger · Dragon Chan · Vodka Drunkenski · Great Tiger · Super Macho Man|
|Punch-Out!! (1987)||Little Mac · Doc Louis · Glass Joe · Von Kaiser · Piston Honda · Don Flamenco · King Hippo · Great Tiger · Bald Bull · Soda Popinski · Mr. Sandman · Super Macho Man · Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream|
|Super Punch-Out!! (1994)||Little Mac · Gabby Jay · Bear Hugger · Piston Hurricane · Bald Bull · Bob Charlie · Dragon Chan · Masked Muscle · Mr. Sandman · Aran Ryan · Heike Kagero · Mad Clown · Super Macho Man · Narcis Prince · Hoy Quarlow · Rick Bruiser · Nick Bruiser|
|Punch-Out!! (2009)||Little Mac · Doc Louis · Glass Joe · Von Kaiser · Disco Kid · King Hippo · Piston Hondo · Bear Hugger · Great Tiger · Don Flamenco · Aran Ryan · Soda Popinski · Bald Bull · Super Macho Man · Mr. Sandman · Donkey Kong|