|Rated at||107 lbs (49 kg)|
|From||Bronx, NY, USA|
|First appearance||Punch-Out!! (1987)|
|Rank||Varies(main player character)|
|Total fights||Varies(main player character)|
|Wins||Varies(main player character)|
|Wins by KO||Varies(main player character)|
|Losses||Varies(main player character)|
Little Mac is the main protagonist in the Nintendo series Punch Out!!.
He is 17 years old, 4' 8" (142 cm, allegedly 5' 7" (170 cm) in the Wii version of Punch-Out!!), 107 lb (49 kg) and hails from the Bronx, New York. He is interested in getting into the World Video Boxing Association, which has a long history of rookie boxers joining the ranks in an effort to become world champions. He traveled to New York City in hopes of searching for someone that could train him. It was not until he met Jerome "Doc" Louis, who was a former heavyweight champion in his own right, then he began his journey to the top of the World Circuit. Doc gives Little Mac advice between rounds in each game.
Prior to this game, Little Mac and Doc Louis met by chance one day. Doc began teaching him everything he knew about boxing. After immense training, Little Mac enters the World Video Boxing Association. After beating several circuits under Doc's guidance, he finally becomes champion after defeating Mike Tyson / Mr. Dream.
Super Punch Out!!Edit
Little Mac has changed his appearance completely in this game, with tan hair. It is unknown why, however. He once again enters the WVBA and again takes the title "Ultimate Champ".
Punch Out!! WiiEdit
Assuming the commercials for the game can be taken as canon, Mac enters the WVBA fifteen years after Punch Out!! for the NES. Sometime before joining, he lost his title as champion to King Hippo. He enters the WVBA once again to win back his title as champion. He, again, wins the title this time.
Instant Knockdowns: Use a one- or two-star uppercut when he is out of hearts. (Head to Head)
Instant Knockouts: Use a three-star uppercut when he is out of hearts. (Head to Head)
|From||Bronx, NY, USA|
|First appearance||Punch-Out!! (2009)|
Giga Mac is a character who has so far only appeared in Punch-Out!! (Wii) and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, being Little Mac's Final Smash. He is a powered-up version of Little Mac, only available in the head-to-head mode. Unlike the fast and lightweight Little Mac, Giga Mac is a slow, hulking powerhouse, similar to King Hippo. He has moves that range from a wind-up punch to a double-handed overhead strike. Little Mac becomes Giga Mac after one of the players fills up a blue bar by punching the other player at certain times. Giga Mac plays like if the player was an opponent, similar to the ones from Career Mode. This is because when he shows up, the multiplayer split-screen becomes only one screen, and in order to defeat Giga Mac, the other player has to dodge his attacks and then punch him. Giga Mac can earn stars just by posing and doesn't need to attack. He can also refill his blue bar, but it's recommended to use it when the opponent is tired, since it can be countered to deplete the majority of the bar. One of the ways to get stars from Giga Mac is by hitting him when he taunts. Giga Mac can't recover from a KO/TKO.
Instant Knockdowns: Counter the taunt or the refilling move with a one- or two-star uppercut.
Instant Knockouts: Counter the taunt or the refilling move with a three-star uppercut.
- I'm tired Doc! (When the round is over)
- He's hurting me Doc (When you are hurt too much after a round)
- I can't win. (Between rounds, when Mac has been knocked down at least twice)
Super Punch-Out!!! (SNES) (Blond Boxer):
- Piece of Cake! (after not being knocked)
- Got 'em! (After being knocked down once)
- Too Close! (After being knocked down 2 times)
- Right On! (After defeating the champion)
- OOF! (After taking a hard punch)
- Uuuuuhhh..... (Knocked down)
- Gooooo... Ohhh... Ugh! Oooogggghhh.... (When being KO'd or TKO'd)
- Haha! Whoo hoo! Yeah! (After easily winning a fight)
- Gooooo... Ohhh... Urgh! RAHHHHHH! (If the 1 and 2 buttons on the Wii Remote are pressed during Little Mac's KO scene.)
Fight Night Round 2Edit
In Fight Night Round 2, Little Mac is a playable bonus character in the GameCube version of the game. He was included due to a licensing deal with EA to include Nintendo characters in some EA games for the GameCube at the time.
Captain RainbowEditLittle Mac appears in the Japanese-exclusive Wii game, Captain Rainbow. He has gotten very fat and you must get him back into shape so he can fight again.
Super Smash Bros. BrawlEdit
Little Mac appears as an Assist Trophy. He appears on the stage and dashes around, punching and using uppercuts on enemies. The uppercut causes 25% damage and the normal punches cause high amounts of damage as well. He often falls off the stage, however. He also has a normal trophy as all other Assist Trophies do. In its description, it says:
"A lightweight scrapper from the Bronx. After meeting with a former boxing great named Doc Louis who fell from glory, Mac takes Doc on as his coach, and together the pair try for the championship belt in the WVBA. Little Mac works his way up the ranks of the WVBA, taking out foes several times his size. By landing multiple blows, Little Mac gains a "☆" uppercut."
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DSEdit
Little Mac appears as a playable character in the fourth iteration of the Super Smash Bros. series. One of Mac's unique attributes is his K.O. Meter, a bar that builds up when Mac takes or recieves damage. Once full it alters Mac's Standard Special into the K.O. Punch, a one hit Knock Out move. His Final Smash is Giga Mac.
The "Boxing Ring" appears as a Punch-Out themed stage modeled after the World Circuit Ring from Punch Out!! (Wii). Along with the regular Little Mac trophy, Super Smash Bros. for WiiU features a trophy of Little Mac as he appeared in Captain Rainbow.
Little Mac assumingly is the playable character in the boss stage "Punch Out" in the game WarioWare Mega Microgame$ and WarioWare Mega Party Game$.
In WarioWare Touched, Little Mac is assumed to be the main character in the micro game "Button Masher" on its third level of difficulty.
In WarioWare Smooth Moves, he appears as a boxer in a micro game called "Punch Out", where Mario must count down as a boxer is felled.
- Little Mac had a Hasbro action figure, an Applause action figure, and a Topps trading card.
- If you hover your pointer around Little Mac in Punch Out!! Wii, he reacts to it, such as trying to step on it, shoo it away, jump over it, or even trying to punch the pointer. If your pointer flies around his face, he'll get dizzy.
- If a special animation is shown of Giga Mac being TKO'd or KO'd, the one who is TKO'd or KO'd will nearly slide off the ring.
- When playing Head-to-Head in Punch-Out!! for the Wii, you earn what is referred to from the game as "Giga Mac Juice".
- In the NES version of Punch-Out!!, you will see a newspaper cutscene after defeating Super Macho Man. There is one headline on the newspaper that reads, "Daddy, Come Back Home!" next to a picture of Referee Mario.
- Lots of fans believe Hitmonchan, a boxing styled Pokémon, which is classified as Pokémon #107 in the original Pokemon Red version and Pokemon Blue version Pokédexes, is a nod to Little Mac whose weight is listed as 107 lbs. However, this is surprisingly not true, as Hitmonchan (Japanese name: エビワラー Ebiwalar), as well as its counterpart Hitmonlee (Japanese name: サワムラー Sawamular), are really based off of real-life boxer Hiroyuki Ebihara and real-life kickboxer Tadashi Sawamura.
- Mac, weighing in at 107 lbs., would be in the light flyweight class if he were fighting in most major real-life boxing promotions (WBA, IBF, WBO), including the Olympic games.
- Little Mac heavily resembles the real-life legendary boxer Jake LaMotta. Both fighters are Italian-American, from the Bronx, look similar, have nearly the same short height (Mac is 5' 7", Jake is 5' 8") and fought many opponents bigger and taller than them. It is possible Jake LaMotta is the basis for Little Mac.
|Punch-Out!! (1984)||Glass Joe · Piston Hurricane · Bald Bull · Kid Quick · Pizza Pasta · Mr. Sandman|
|Super Punch-Out!! (1985)||Bear Hugger · Dragon Chan · Vodka Drunkenski · Great Tiger · Super Macho Man|
|Punch-Out!! (1987)||Little Mac · Doc Louis · Glass Joe · Von Kaiser · Piston Honda · Don Flamenco · King Hippo · Great Tiger · Bald Bull · Soda Popinski · Mr. Sandman · Super Macho Man · Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream|
|Super Punch-Out!! (1994)||Gabby Jay · Bear Hugger · Piston Hurricane · Bald Bull · Bob Charlie · Dragon Chan · Masked Muscle · Mr. Sandman · Aran Ryan · Heike Kagero · Mad Clown · Super Macho Man · Narcis Prince · Hoy Quarlow · Rick Bruiser · Nick Bruiser|
|Punch-Out!! (2009)||Little Mac · Doc Louis · Glass Joe · Von Kaiser · Disco Kid · King Hippo · Piston Hondo · Bear Hugger · Great Tiger · Don Flamenco · Aran Ryan · Soda Popinski · Bald Bull · Super Macho Man · Mr. Sandman · Donkey Kong|